Here are links to people, businesses, and websites that we think are awesome.
Local Businesses & Restaurants
- Wildwoosi Coaching — One of our own’s coaching practice. Bring out your awesome with entrepreneurial and life coaching.
- Body Temple Massage and Wellness – Massage, wellness coaching, and self care products with all of the good stuff and none of the bad. We love her Bug Buster bug spray.
- Soul Arts Systems – Yoga, meditation, the arts, permaculture.
- Adams Northwest Bistro and Brewery – Marvelous restaurant in the heart of Monroe focused on local, seasonal, organic and sustainable foods.
- Gated Sanctuary, Center For Healing – Hot water, trees, massage, beauty, yum.
- Sky River Natural Health – The center for wellness of mind, body, and spirit in Sultan, WA.
- Las Tres Marias – Family Mexican restaurant.
- Benjarong Thai Restaurant – Traditional Thai cuisine.
- Vinaccio Coffee Roaster – Best coffee in Monroe and Sultan.
- Everything Tea – Our fav tea store, located in Snohomish, WA.
- Kelso Meats – Our local butcher, located in Snohomish, WA.
- Sno-Isle Natural Foods Co-op – The best grocery store in the area, located in Everett, WA.
- Sultan Materials – Best place for rocks, gravel, and bark in the area.
- A&R Solar – The company that installed our solar panels and equipment.
- Why Feeling Matters – Our friends Joe and Spring work with Inner Wisdom for Emerging Cultures of the Heart.
- Manini’s Gluten Free – We love their multi-grain flour and it’s in many of our recipes.
Resilient Homestead Resources
- Permies Website – Permaculture forums, articles, videos and podcasts. TONS of infomation!
- Permaculture Voices – Podcasts on many permaculture topics
- WWOOF.org – World-wide Opportunities on Organic Farms
- Dripworks – Quality drip irrigation products and great customer service
- Bullocks Permaculture Homestead – Courses, events, tours, and visits on a 30-year permaculture oasis.
- Organic Pools – Information, book, and DVDs about why and how to build natural swimming pools.
Musicians and Artists
- Bone Poets Orchestra – We love this a host of tasty players wrapped in a delicious groove with a chewy psychedelic center and a string trio garnish.
- More Sue Tie-Dye Clothing — Seriously, the best tie-dye artist ever, and flow-y handkerchief hems and other unusual offerings — not just boxy T-shirts.
- William Pint and Felicia Dale – Music of the sea, celebrating the ocean in song.
- Stabbingback – The Hard Rock/ Metal Web Band.
- Clint McCune – Gifted troubadour, entertainer and world changer.
- Chronilus – Time traveling bards of Celtic worldbeat.
- Sidhefire Arts – Functional pottery.
Books and Educational Resources
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead – by Ben Falk
- Practical Permaculture – by Jessi Bloom and David Boehnlein
- Gaias Garden: A Guide To Home Scale Permaculture – by Toby Hemenway
- Restoration Agriculture: Real World Permaculture For Farmers – by Mark Shepard
- The Winter Harvest Handbook – by Eliot Coleman
- Sepp Holzers Permaculture: A Practical Guide to Small-Scale, Integrative Farming and Gardening – by Sepp Holzer
- Edible Forest Gardens, Vol 1 and 2 – by Dave Jacke and Eric Toensmeier
- The Humanure Handbook, A Guide To Composting Human Manure, 3rd edition – by Joseph Jenkins
- The Water-wise Home – by Laura Allen
- The Scythe Book – by David Tresement and Peter Vido
- The Pruning Book – by Lee Reich
- The New Sunset Western Garden Book
- Creating A Line Family – Written by our friends Richard and Elon
Culture and Relationships
- Transformational Breath – “Breathe Deep, Laugh Loudly.”
- The Center for Non-violent Communication – Tools for compassionate communication.
- Context Institute – Catalyzing a graceful transition to the Planetary Era.
- Landmark – Personal training and development.
- Soul Collage – Discover your wisdom, change your world.
- Werner Paddles – Known worldwide ~ based in Sultan WA!
- UpDesk – I use one of their standing desks and they are great quality and great ergonomics!